The North Florida Bonsai Club in association with the Mandarin Garden Club is pleased to present our Spring 2015: Beginners Bonsai Workshop. This workshop is especially for beginners who have wanted to try bonsai, but never knew how to get started. We'll be working on Ficus sp. - a tree that is "easy care" in Florida, but needs frost protection. Each participant will get his/her own tree, special bonsai soil and an appropriate pot. At the end of session 3, you'll have your very own bonsai to take home and enjoy!
What You'll Learn:
- What “bonsai” really is (and how to pronounce it!)
- How to style and shape a bonsai tree
- How to prune and wire branches
- How to find inexpensive sources of pre-bonsai plant material at local stores
- How to fit a tree into those tiny little pots
- How to keep your tree happy once you get it home!
These are casual, hands-on classes for people of all ages. You will have a chance to meet people who have taken past beginners classes and talk with them about their experiences getting started in this fascinating hobby. If you love plants and have an interest in learning about bonsai, come join the fun!
Dates: April 28th, May 5th, & May 12 (3 sessions)
Cost: $35 - includes tree plus all materials
Location: Mandarin Garden Club - 2892 Loretto Rd, 32223
To register or more information, call Joe at 262-3995 or Ron at 545-4972.